On 7/14/2020 3:03 PM, ATMunn via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 7/14/2020 5:58 PM, ais523 via agora-discussion wrote:
>> On Tue, 2020-07-14 at 23:54 +0200, Cuddle Beam via agora-business
>> wrote:
>>> Seeing how many active players were against this and this needs a
>>> high amount of people to work...
>>
>> For what it's worth, I think it's likely best to fix this rather than
>> leave the "loophole" open, and the best fix is probably to not allocate
>> Victory Cards after a reset (whilst continuing to allocate them to new
>> players). There's a reason that resets typically only destroy the
>> assets used to win, not create new ones.
>>

> Maybe when a sets victory happens, all Victory Cards and Victory Points
> are destroyed but all others remain the same?

Part of the purpose of the reset was to occasionally relevel the whole
economy.  It helps keeps things balanced.  Otherwise, if (for example)
we've got the rate of pendant production too high, then after a couple
months pendants are so cheap that no one cares anymore.  The alternative
is more hands-on adaptive management (e.g. things like taxes when there's
an oversupply).

But yeah, looks like wins are set too cheaply compared to the # in
circulation at the start of each reset, so either raise the win threshold
or lower the initial handout.

That being said, 8 people can almost always force a win if they want, just
by a proposal.  The reason they don't do that all the time is it's too
boring and a boring win isn't worth doing?  So maybe the contract won't
even find 7 others interested enough to trade their current possessions
for a win, so on a meta-economic level it might work out fine.

-G.