On Fri, 2020-07-24 at 08:44 -0700, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 7/24/2020 8:05 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > On 7/24/2020 2:40 AM, N. S. via agora-business wrote:
> > > So there's precedent that you can basically take a shortcut to do many
> > > actions (a loop of them) as long as it is reasonable that you could
> > > perform
> > > those actions by writing them out.
> > >
> > > Therefore, I call N CFJs with the statement "This is a CFJ" where N is the
> > > number of CFJs that it would be reasonable for me to fully write out.
> >
> > I do not consider this a clear specification of an announcement  for the
> > starting of any cfjs.
>
> Just adding: the main reason is that citing a memory of a subjective and
> possibly context-specific precedent/custom is insufficient to determine N.

There have been a few situations in the past where I considered it
borderline whether or not an abbreviation was reasonable, so I expanded
it to make sure that it would be acceptable. (This may have lead to
unreasonable emails, but the list accepted them.)

One related issue that I've been noticing a lot recently is players
attempting to take actions conditional on gamestate (via saying "if X,
I do Y"); I'm not sure if that's ever been tested, and it intuitively
feels to me like it shouldn't work (I prefer the construction "I
attempt to do Y, this will fail unless X", but of course it isn't as
generally applicable). However, I think I'm in a minority on this.

--
ais523