OK, so here's what's going on: I received a proposal along the lines of "these
players get 100 points. They all win." I won't reveal the names or number of
these players for obvious reasons, but, at the point when it happened, it was
exactly enough players to pass a proposal… as long as Cuddlebeam's NttPF
registration didn't count. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed—it's a very
early and unsatisfying end, *and* it relies on someone accidentally sending a
message NttPF, which IMO is rather unsportsmanlike. I have several options in
front of me, and I'd like some advice on where to go.

1) I could end the game, declaring these players as winners and giving up on
the tournament. This is the most "technically correct" option, but also the
most disappointing for me and other people that actually wanted to try playing
this. But perhaps the fact that this was the first proposal is a pretty good
indication that the idea wasn't that workable in the first place.
2) I could do that, then start another free tournament. If I did so, I'd
probably add a rule that exactly one player could win—I think the ability to
declare multiple winners makes a bit of a mess of the incentives in a nomic
like this. This has the advantage of giving the players their (somewhat)
deserved win, but gives us another opportunity at actually playing this. The
disadvantage is that it might cheapen both the tournament victory and (through
the proliferation of free tournaments) Agoran wins as a whole.
3) As above, but with an entirely unofficial tournament, played on DIS or on
another forum entirely.
4) Find some way to wiggle out of the win, probably by ruling that CuddleBeam's
registration succeeded. I have fairly large latitude over the adjudication of
the rules, but even so, this might be a bit of a stretch; I think the two
options would be to rule that "public" means something other than what it means
in an Agoran context, or to use my ability to arbitrarily reconcile errors made
in adjudication (I already recorded Cuddlebeam as a player upon eir first
registration) to "ratify" the fact that Cuddlebeam registered. In some way,
this feels like the "fairest" option (again, I strongly look down upon abuses
of NttPF messages), but it is also a fairly significant judicial intervention.

Thoughts?

Gaelan