On 3/7/21 3:29 PM, Gaelan Steele via agora-discussion wrote:

>> On Mar 7, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Kerim Aydin via agora-official
>> <agora-offic...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>>
>> The below CFJ is 3901.  I assign it to Gaelan.
>>
>> status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3901
>> <https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3901>
>>
>> ===============================  CFJ 3901  ===============================
>>
>>      The cashing of one or more promises created by G. has been
>>      EFFECTIVE at changing the final vote tally and/or number of voters
>>      on the referendum to adopt Proposal 8543, for the purposes of
>>      R208, R879, and/or R2623.
>
> I'll do a careful reading of the relevant rules myself, but I'd love to hear
> anyone's arguments as to why this isn't PARADOXICAL.
>
> Gaelan

The actions fail because Rule 2466/2 provides no mechanism to act on the
behalf of oneself:

>       When a rule allows one person (the agent) to act on behalf of
>       another (the principal) to perform an action, that agent CAN
>       perform the action if it is POSSIBLE for the principal to do so,
>       taking into account any prerequisites for the action.

Under R2618/2, I believe the promises were cashed but the actions
contained within never occurred (I could be convinced that whether
cashing doesn't succeed, though):

--
Jason Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason