On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 11:29 AM Edward Murphy via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> Proto-Proposal: Clarify ratification
> (AI = 3, co-author = G.)
>
> Amend Rule 1551 (Ratification) by replacing the first paragraph with:
>
>        When a document or statement (hereafter "document") is ratified:
>
>          * The "time in question" is the time the document was published,
>            unless the document explicitly specifies a different past time
>            as being the time the document was true, in which case the
>            time in question is that past time.
>
>          * Rules to the contrary notwithstanding, the gamestate is
>            modified to what it would be if, at the time in question, the
>            gamestate had been minimally modified to make the ratified
>            document as true and accurate as possible without violating
>            the conditions of this rule.
>
>          * Such a modification cannot add inconsistencies between the
>            gamestate and the rules.
>
>          * Such a modification cannot include rule changes unless the
>            ratified document explicitly and unambiguously recites either
>            the changes or the resulting properties of the rule(s).
>
>          * If no such modification is possible, or multiple substantially
>            distinct possible modifications would be equally appropriate,
>            the ratification fails.
>
> [Legislates the finding on CFJ 3902, also adds phrase "time in question"
> and otherwise breaks things up into bullet points.]

I've been working on my own ratification rewrite. It's broader, but
covers some of the same ground. I'll toss it in a separate thread, and
we can see if there are parts if yours we should merge into mine, or
we both want to go with our own independently (or both).

-Aris