Lots of people recently wrote:
> I grant Cuddlebeam the following promise.

I just wanted to say how happy I am that something with the same
purpose as submarine contracts is possible in the rules again (and that
we have something worth trading for them).

It's not quite as good as the original version, because you know which
people have made the agreement, but it should still hopefully lead to
worthwhile gameplay. (Hopefully if Cuddlebeam gets a dictatorship out
of this, e won't abuse it too badly, but I don't know what the end goal
is going to be.)

(I also liked the fact that you used to be able to do this sort of
trade "for value", i.e. without a specific scam in mind, but knowing
that it would likely be useful in a scam eventually. I think that's
probably the case in the current ruleset too, but suspect that
Cuddlebeam does have something in particular in mind.)

--
ais523