On 6/30/21 10:47 PM, Rebecca Lee via agora-business wrote:
> There was a consensus on discord that glitter is too valuable. For example,
> judging a CFJ gets you like 11 boatloads in addition to the regular reward
> boatloads. How's that fair? I propose making all glitter grant 5 boatloads
> of coins.
>
> I create the following proposal.
>
> Title: Reduce Sparkle by 50%!
> AI: 3
> Text
> Amend rule 2438, "Ribbons' by removing the last paragraph (for clarity, I
> mean the list item beginning with "- Otherwise")
> [there's no reason for the part about glitter to be in the Ribbons rule.
> The power 1 glitter rule can grant coins and it can take the definition of
> what  ribbons are from the higher power rule]

By precedent, that list item is not a paragraph, just a part of one.
Also, first person in proposals is weird, but probably works.

> Amend rule 2602, "Glitter", so that it reads, in full
> {Each type of Ribbon has a corresponding type of Glitter with the same
> name. When a person qualifies for a Ribbon of a type they already have, any
> player CAN award them the corresponding type of Glitter by announcement.
> That notwithstanding, a person cannot receive glitter if e has already
> received it five times in the last 24 hours, or if e has not come to earn
> or qualify for that Glitter since the last time e received that type of
> Glitter. When a player receives a type of Glitter, the Tailor CAN and in an
> officially timely fashion SHALL once award them 5 boatloads of coins]

This uses singular they: "they already have", "CAN award them", "award
them 5 boatloads".

Also, I like that the current system awards more coins for rarer
ribbons, so I think I'd be AGAINST this as-is.

--
Jason Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason