On 8/6/2021 9:48 PM, Aspen via agora-discussion wrote:
> While this is theoretically possible, it isn't doable in practice. To make
> all the timestamps completely identical, you'd have to control not just
> your mailserver, but all of the intermediate mail servers. If you didn't,
> we could non-arbitrarily pick a message to come first.

Who's to say all the timestamps need to be completely identical as long as
the primary ones are?  If I look at message 1, and there's nothing
"suspicious", I'd use the first timestamp.  Same with message 2.  Nothing
about message 2's arrival makes message 1's primary timestamp any less
valid - using any kind of tiebreaker at all would be arbitrary.  And
there's no particular rules support that ties actually need to be broken.

-G.