nix via agora-discussion [2022-05-16 08:58]:
> On 5/16/22 08:56, juan via agora-discussion wrote:
> > I've been thinking about Rule 202. I think its partially ineffective, if
> > not contradictory. The hash-maneuver does not prevent anyone from guessing
> > who proposed what. As there are few proposals, ever, one can hash them all
> > and compare against the hashes associated with players' moves.
> >
> > Am I mistaken?
>
> You mean hash the plaintext and see if it matches? The plaintext is not
> provided by the Herald. You'd have to get it from another player.

Well, then I didn't understand this correctly:

> When a player takes a turn, the Herald shall announce player taking
> the turn and the number of points gained by the player. The Herald
> shall also announce the number of the proposed rule-change and a
> cryptographic hash of its contents, but shall list proposed
> rule-changes separately and in a different order from any other
> information e publishes in the course of a player's turn, such that it
> is not clear which players proposed which rule-changes.

Specifically, “shall list proposed rule-changes […]”. It is my
understanding that the Herald is to announce, together with the fact
that a specific player took a turn, the number of the proposed
rule-change that he put forth. The text (as in ”list proposed
rule-changes”) is to be published not in association to the player; but,
then, my original remark comes into play.

What is the intention of the rule? What data is to be published, and
with which associations?

--
juan