> On Aug 20, 2022, at 12:11 AM, Madrid via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> I don't think this helps much because the game is still mostly limited to
> those in the upper half or so of money ranking fmpov because it's still a
> money-fuelled competitive game.

juan had 11 players ahead of em in the last treasuror report, yet has still
been playing birds. You don't need to put many coins in to get much out of
birds, but this proposal would hopefully lower the coin barrier even more.
There's also the fact you can get help from any player with lots of coins by
striking a deal. The proposal would change the coins you need to get a bird win
from 60 boatloads to 36, which most players have or are close to. It also means
you can get a single bird for just 3 boatloads of coins instead of 5, which may
very well be worth it for a chance at a good bird power. In any case i think
it's worth trying to make it cheaper, essentially just making the powers a
better bang for your buck, which should hopefully make it more competitive.

--
secretsnail