On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 4:07 PM secretsnail9 via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I respond to all petitions made to me with "Wow look at this cool Awards
> Month intent":
>
> It's hard to pick a single proposal from the last year: feedback from
> everyone would be appreciated, if I missed something big! I just picked the
> ones I found really impactful to consider, which I would include birds and
> horses for but it seems like those weren't really "outstanding merit".
>
> I intend, with 2 Agoran Consent, to award nix the Patent Title "Silver
> Quill" for proposal 8660 (The End of Sets). This proposal removed sets,
> sending Agora into its post-sets era, also utilizing a system of marking
> sections of rules to be repealed after the sets win. An influential
> proposal with much merit, though I think there were some bumps once the
> repeal actually happened, though nothing really important.
>
> nix also made stamps and changed finger-pointing to infractions, also
> making stones slippery, and revamping stamps and score to be more balanced
> when repealing coins, also adding a power bonus to offices, lots of big
> stuff. I can intend for those instead, but I think lumping them into the
> above intent could be fine?

I support.  I really like this approach - nix deserves "proposal
writer of the year" not just for p8660, but also for eir breadth of
both authorship and extensive participation in editorial comments
(i.e. coauthorship).  I think it's fine to lump the overall award into
eir most prominent proposal which is deserving on its own.  -G.