> On Mar 5, 2024, at 3:51 PM, ais523 via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2024-03-05 at 15:45 +0000, Gaelan Steele via agora-discussion
> wrote:
>> On Mar 5, 2024, at 4:37 AM, Aris via agora-business
>> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Erm... that CFJ doesn't do what you want it to. CFJs are supposed to be
>>> statements, not questions, and interpreting something out of context is
>>> different from interpreting it in context.
>>
>> Without commenting on the rest of the situation (I haven’t looked into
>> it), we have precedent that CFJs phrased as questions are fair game; see
>> CFJ 3505.
>
> Well, the precedent of CFJ 3505 also states that CFJ 3505 was never
> validly judged, although the CFJ record seems to ignore that. (FWIW, I
> disagree and think that that part of the judgement was given validly,
> but is wrong.)
>
> --
> ais523

Oh, interesting: I suppose to be a “past judgement” for four-factors
purposes, something does actually have to be a validly assigned judgment to
a CFJ.

Although if you’re being *truly* pedantic, the term “judgement” refers only
to one of the six valid judgements; there’s arguably no four-factors duty
to consider the surrounding waffle, which has interesting implications for
the classic “trivially FALSE, but to answer your real question:” judgements.

Huh.

Gaelan