From: Heri Setiono <herisetiono...@yahoo.com.sg>

Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:41:01
To: <AhliKeuangan-Indonesia@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Keuangan] OOT: Flu Babi sudah mencapai Asia

......"I will raise the alert level from serious to emergency," the chief
executive said.

Swine flu spreads to Asia as Hong Kong reports case

AFP - Saturday, May 2
HONG KONG (AFP) - - The first confirmed case of swine flu in Asia was recorded
in Hong Kong Friday after a Mexican man who arrived via Shanghai tested
positive, Chief Executive Donald Tsang announced.

More than 300 guests and staff at the hotel where the patient had briefly
stayed were placed under quarantine for seven days as officials announced
"draconian" measures in a bid to contain the A(H1N1) flu virus.
"We have our first confirmed swine flu case in Hong Kong. He is Mexican," Tsang
told reporters.
The 25-year-old Mexican arrived in Hong Kong on Thursday from Mexico via
Shanghai on China Eastern Airlines flight MU 505, Tsang said.
China on Saturday announced it had suspended flights from Mexico to Shanghai
following confirmation of the case and said their resumption would depend "on
the situation of the pandemic control," the Xinhua news agency said.
It said China had informed the Mexican government and airlines, and was
considering sending a charter plane to Mexico to collect "Chinese passengers
who had planned to fly to Shanghai from the city of Mexico on May 3."
The Mexican man was admitted to hospital in Hong Kong on Thursday night
suffering from a fever and tested positive on Friday for the flu virus. He was
in a stable condition, Tsang said.
The Metropark Hotel in Wanchai district where he had been staying had been
isolated, he said.
"I will raise the alert level from serious to emergency," the chief executive
said.
"I will raise the alert level from serious to emergency," the chief executive
said.
Despite putting Hong Kong on its highest level of alert, Tsang said all social
activities and exhibitions would go ahead as normal and schools would remain
open in the city, which is still scarred by memories of the SARS epidemic in
2003 in which close to 300 died.
"I stress we don't need to panic," he said.
Police wearing face masks cordoned off the Metropark Hotel and a group of
blue-gowned and masked health workers was seen entering the hotel in the
bustling bar and nightclub district on Hong Kong island.
Health Secretary York Chow said guests and staff at the hotel would be
quarantined for seven days.
"We have also exercised the authority... so that we will first isolate the
hotel and also... ensure the relevant people are quarantined for seven days,"
Chow told reporters.
"Since this is the first case in Hong Kong we must be very careful as the
chance of controlling and containing this infection is limited, we will try to
be more draconian in our policy," he said.

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!

Kirim email ke