I have been using Variowin for my variogram analysis.  My 
covariograms are much better behaved compared to semivariograms, and 
I would like to use the covariance to estimate the semivariance.  

I understand that under the assumption of strict stationarity, which 
is harder to satisfy than the intrinsic hypothesis, semivariance and 
covariance are essentially equivalent.  Since I have a non-stationary 
process I would have expected that my covariograms to be just as bad 
as my semivariograms, but this is not the case.   

I've read that Variowin uses "non-ergotic" 
covariance.  Exactly what is this and how does it differ from regular 
old covariance?  I just want to make sure I understand the 
assumptions of using non-ergotic covariance to estimate model 
parameters. 

Thanks!
Sara Kustron
Boston University Department of Geography





--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to