Andrew

You can apply 'standard' geostatistics if the
measurements are the 'average' (or some similar
feature) over an area.

It makes interpeting the semi-variogram extremely
tricky if you combine many different sizes of sample,
but common sense is the main thing here. The trick is
to derive a point semi-variogram model from which any
size can be derived (see Chapter 3, Practical
Geostatistics 1979, downloadable free from Web,
http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/practica.html)

Kriging is modified to reflect that the samples are
averages, mainly by changing the diagonal elements in
the equations so that they are non-zero. I don't know
any software package (off hand ) that does this,
though.

Isobel Clark

--- Andrew Mullens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > I have a question relating to this question,