Dear list members,
I have a problem concering a three dimensional data set of sediment cores.
The cores have been sampled by dividing them into sections of varying
length, and each sample represents the depth-averaged concentration over
that length. Thus, resolution varies within cores as well as from core to
core. The data set is of the measured concentrations at discrete
locations (x,y,z (corresponding of the mid-depth of the core section)).
I would like to do 3-D kriging, but need to address the following issues:
1. concentrations WITHIN the cores are reestimated such that
the average remains constant,
2. how do I use data with varying support sizes in the estimation
at a point of a set support size (defined by a regular
estimation grid) located OUTSIDE of the cores?
Has this problem been addressed by anybody, is there a reference or two
where I might check?
Thank you very much!
Noemi
Noemi Barabas
PhD Candidate
The University of Michigan
Dept. Civil and Environmental Engineering
1351 Beal Avenue (13 EWRE)
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2125
Phone: (734) 615-5905
--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org