Dear colleagues,
        I am new in the business of spatial statistics so I hope my question
does not sound too obvious.

        From my readings on spatial correlation, I know I can have reliable
confidence intervals for Moran's I and Geary's c as long as I respect two
hypotheses: second-order stationarity and isotropy. How can I formally test
these two hypotheses? If such test exists, is it implemented in a software
or a presented in a paper or a book?

        So far, my readings (3 books and 1 course notes, archive of present
mailing list) show graphical methods to verify them but none of them present
a statistical test as we can see in "classical" statistics. 

        Thank you in advance for your help,

        Yves Claveau

-------------------------------------------
Yves Claveau, M.Sc. F.
Ontario Forest Research Institute
1235 Queen St. E.
Sault Ste Marie, ON
P6A 2E5

Ph.: (705) 946-2981 ext. 252
Fax.: (705) 946-2030
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to