Jim,

I may be intolerant in this, but I do not accept
software limitations as justification for making
policy decisions. There should be no reason why you
cannot flag the 'dummy' blocks as inferred.

> Related to this, is what I term the 'salt& pepper'
> problem. If blocks are
> assigned a classification based on individual
> parameters, it can result in
> a mosaic of Inferred, Indicated and Measured blocks.
It is possible to classify your resources on the basis
of larger units than those used to (say) optimise an
open pit. Anglo-American, for example, generally use
the forst two or three year's production as a single
unit and classify that as proven/probable etc
reserves. 

A mosaic of differently classified blocks is, surely,
an indication that the overall sampling is inadequate
to characterise the deposit.

> I am very pleased to see this topic raised as some
> guidelines are long overdue.
I'm sure we all welcome this extension to the current
debate. Perhaps it should be pointed out that Steve
Henley has been running a 'chat' facility for almost
two years on the same topic and getting little
response.

Isobel

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to