Hello,

    I am planning out a sampling design for a study in
which I am charged with assessing spatial
heterogeneity (of understory vegetation) in an
experimentally manipulated forest. The original
manipulation was a complete randomized block design of
16 stands, in two forests, half of which were thinned
(with the goal of inducing heterogeneity)and half of
which were unthinned. My first thought is to sample
throughout the stands and use semivariograms to
describe patterns and scales of patterns (do
vegetation patterns match the scale of disturbance?
etc.)and compare these among stands (particularly
thinned/unthinned and forest). However, I am wondering
if there are statistical tests to compare variogram
models from different locations or if there are other,
less descriptive techniques that would be better,
given the experimental design. I want to think about
this before I sample the plots!

Thank you for any suggestions

Juliann

Pacific Northwest Research Station
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
http://taxes.yahoo.com/

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to