Dear Jack Webster,

The mapping of the variogram to the covariogram is not one  to one.
When  c(h) is a covariogram having g(h) as variogram, then c(h)+k for any
positive real number k has the same variogram. Thus for your simulations it is 
appropriate to
use c(h)=k-g(h) for any k larger than (or equal to) the maximum (or supreme) 
of your directional sills.

Best regards
Gerald v.d. Boogaart



jack webster wrote:
> 
> Hi Dear doctor Abedini
> I have constructed a more general variogram model, in
> which all of the parameters are varying with
> direction. My model more general than range anisotropy
> and sill anisotropy. Since I want to simulate from
> this model ,with cholesky decomposition method, I need
> the covariogram model, which is respected to my
> variogram model. Therefore I need the relation between
> variogram and covariogram. In fact I need to specify
> C(0).

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to