Dear list members,

I hope to get some insight into modeling and kriging with 3-D variograms
where all 3 directions display a pronounced hole-effect/oscillations.
(I am using GSLIB)

First of all, are there any permissibility issues regarding a hole effect
model?  I am thinking in particular of the dampening factor, which is an
additional parameter that is not accounted for in the kriging parameter
files.  I know that kt3d has a built-in relationship of d to the range,
and I wonder if that is just for simplification or because of
permissibility contraints.

Second, what does the range mean for a hole effect model in terms of the
maximum distance between the estimation location and a contributing data
location.  Does the dampening affect this distance in kt3d and would there
be permissibility issues if I were to modify the program?

Third, what if the dampening parameter is different in all 3 directins?

And finally, my grid will be discretized such that in one direction I
will only estimate at three different distances, and I assume that the
semivariogram model needs a good fit only at those lags.  Is this a
workable assumption?


I much appreciate any insights into these questions!!

Noemi

        Noemi Barabas

PhD Candidate
The University of Michigan
Dept. Civil and Environmental Engineering
1351 Beal Avenue (13 EWRE)
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2125
Phone: (734) 615-5905





--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to