Kevin

Sounds like an ideal case for Geographically Weighted
Regression.

You could use semi-variograms or spatial
auto-correlation to determine exactly how proximity
defines relationship. My only current beef with GWR is
the seemingly pre-defined distance weighting
functions. Not had much time to get into this yet, so
don't dump on me all you experts out there.

I would be interested in any published results on this
as one of my business partners is doing similar work
on bronze age denmark.

Isobel
http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark