Dear all,

I have difficulties to find information's about the following problem.

I have a lot of spatially scattered measurements. These measurements have - resulting from different measurement methods - different measurement errors, which are known.

For example some have an total error of 5%, some of 10% and a third group of 20%.

I want to give these values a quality-weight in the range from 0.0 to 1.0. (In this case three different weights.)

How can I do this?

Simple is a weight = 0 which is a value so bad I don't want to use it, and a weight = 1 which could be the value for the group with the best measurements (in this case error = 5%).

Is there a statistically firmed way to quantify the weights.

Any suggestions will be very welcome.
Is there any literature that discusses this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Wolfram Ruehaak


* By using the ai-geostats mailing list you agree to follow its rules 
( see http://www.ai-geostats.org/help_ai-geostats.htm )

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the 
body (plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats

Reply via email to