Maybe, in order to have a quick and "safe" interpolation, the natural neighbor
method of Dave Watson could perfom better than TIN. 
Sebastiano Trevisani

Quoting Gregoire Dubois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Dear list,
> 
> I would appreciate feedback on an issue that is closely related to
> SIC2004
> 
> Let us consider a variable (air pollutants, radioactivity) that is
> measured at regular time intervals by an automatic monitoring network
> that is structured like a regular grid. In the case one needs maps to be
> generated on a regular basis, I was wondering what arguments would be
> against the use of Triangulated Irregular Networks (or any simple linear
> interpolation algorithm)?  As a matter of fact, if TIN cannot be used to
> assess uncertainties, it can be easily automated and it is an exact
> interpolator (no risk to smooth out critical values). I thus understand
> TIN is the most reasonable approach in the case one has a network that
> is dense enough. Obviously, the "dense enough" obviously needs to be
> defined properly as I expect it to be the main parameter that will
> define the need for more advanced interpolation techniques. But with the
> exception of density, are there any non obvious issues I am missing
> here?
> 
> Thank you in advance for any feedback.
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Gregoire
> 
> 


-------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: webmail.unipd.it

* By using the ai-geostats mailing list you agree to follow its rules 
( see http://www.ai-geostats.org/help_ai-geostats.htm )

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the 
body (plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats

Reply via email to