Title: New list is open

Good day everyone,

Around 20% of the members have now moved to the new list and we should then to start to use it. Remember the new address of the list is [email protected]

The rules have not changed.

I am sorry the move of the list was so chaotic but the previous mail server was on the edge of collapsing (90% of the email addresses were declared as unrecognized!).

Since I could not find any support at the remote location, I decided to move the list to something that is more outdated in terms of technology but it will do what it has do and will be managed by people I can talk to face to face. I see this as an improvement for the long term management of the list.

The majordomo server should be able now to redistribute your messages but one may still expect a few problems as these will appear only by using the list.

Thanks very much again to all for your support and patience and long live [email protected]

Kind regards,

Gregoire

PS: Digby, please feel free to post your question again on skewed distributions
__________________________________________
Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre Directorate (DG JRC)
WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."


Reply via email to