Dear list members

I got good references on the issue together with a work on "Scaling properties of the coefficient of variation" of Peter Bossew and a PhD. thesis on geostatistics of Joao Felipe.
Below the references have been reported.
I found particularly easy to follow the work of Malamhud who gives a quite clear synthesis of the relationships between variogram, fractal dimension, spectral analysis, etc…. From what I see there are strong analogies between time series and spatial data. Then, looking at the wavelet techniques I have the feeling of strong similarities with the application of dispersion variance and also with
the increments of order k of the generalized covariances
theory.

B. D. Malamud and D. L. Turcotte, Self-Affine Time Series: I. Generation and Analyses,pp. 1–90

Bruno, R., Raspa, G., 1989. Geostatistical characterization of
fractal models of surfaces. In: Armstrong, M. (Ed.),
Geostatistics. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, pp. 77­89.

Burrough, P.A., 1981. Fractal dimensions of landscapes and
other environmental data. Nature 294, 240­242.

Burrough, P.A., 1983. Multiscale sources of spatial variation in
soil. I. The application of fractal concepts to nested levels of
soil variation. Journal of Soil Science 34, 577­597.

Butler, J.B., Lane, S.N., Chandler, J.H., 2001. Characterization
of the structure of river-bed gravels using two-dimensional
fractal analysis. Mathematical Geology 33, 301­330.

Klinkenberg, B., 1992. Fractals and morphometric measures: is
there a relationship? Geomorphology 5, 5­20.

Yang, Z.Y., Di, C.C., 2001. A directional method for directly
calculating the fractal parameters of joint surface roughness.
International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining
Sciences 38, 1201­1210.

Chaos in geology and Geophysics. (Cambridge University Press)

 Jens Feder's book "Fractals"