Yang

Yes the lagrangian multipier is subtracted, assuming you used the
semi-variogram in your kriging equations. If you use the covariance, it is
added.

The extra terms in the back transform are to correct for the difference between
the variance of the true values and the variance of the estimators. If you are
estimating at points, the estimator is a weighted average which will have a
smaller variance than single point values. Back transforming values with a
smaller variance will bias the estimates downwards.

If you want unbiassed estimated values, you have to follow the formula.

Hope this helps
Isobel

http://drisobelclark.kriging.com