Hi all,

I'd like to ask who has experience with both SAGE2001 and GSLIB? SAGE2001
is a software application developed by Isaaks, the author of a book titled
"An Intoductioin to Applied Geostatistics". It can detect the direction of
anisotropy by brutal force. Attached is a screen shot of the model fitted by
this application, which consists of 2 spherical structures, each having its
own independent anisotropy defined. As you know, GSLIB's kriging programs
make use of 3 ranges and 3 angles to define the anisotropy:

   1. *aa_hmax:* the maximum horizontal range    (Is this the major range?)
   2. *aa_hmin:* the minimum horizontal range      (Is this the median one?)
   3. *aa_vert:* the vertical range                          (Is this the
   minor one and should it be shorter than the above two? GSLIB does not check
   the order of these 3 numbers.)
   4. *ang1, ang2, ang3*

Taking the first structure in the attached image as an example, could any of
you having expertise in these 2 applications give me some guidance as to how
the 3 ranges and 3 angles calculated by Sage are mapped to GSLIB's
corresponding input parameters?

Some software packages use major, median, and minor to denote the 3 ranges
and requires that major > median > minor, different from GSLIB's definition
for these 3 ranges.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Yang