my friend watched the movie. he told me that film is not good. they
have portrayed a blind person very badly. like wearing dirty clothes
and many other things. I think that films should be made like kabil.
anyway, the film is out of the theatres due to bahubali fever.

On 5/3/17, avinash shahi via AI <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in> wrote:
> . Raaga by P.C. Shekar, known for his technically superior film-making
> and unique subjects, is another touching visual narrative of a blind
> couple’s love in its pristine form. It is a sincere effort at a
> retro-romance.
> http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/reviews/raaga-blind-couples-love-in-its-pristine-form/article18193053.ece
> However, though film moves like poetry through arresting visuals,
> soothing music and occasional comic scenes till the interval, it
> starts crumbling in the second half because of clichéd treatment. It
> is difficult to digest why films about disabilities, especially those
> dealing with visual impairment, tend to end as tragedy. Shekar
> intentionally brings class status to create a rift in the relation
> between the lead characters, but fails to make a realistic portrayal
> of both the high and middle class.
>
> Click Here!
>
> When Shekar claimed during the making of Raaga that he took 14 years
> in scripting the film and kept Tamil actor Vikram in mind, filmgoers
> expected much from Raaga. But the film has nothing new to offer,
> except the brilliant performance of Mitra and Bhama.
>
> Mitra and Bhama occupy most part of screen time and both deliver their
> best. Mitra entertains with dialogues which strike the right chord
> besides offering a philosophical touch. In parts, he reminds the
> audience of Chaplin in City Lights. Bhama’s performance is better as a
> visually challenged than as a “normal” person. Both try their best to
> communicate through music and emotions. Ramesh Bhat as Appaji is
> appealing with his matured performance. Songs, including Aalisu Baa by
> Jayanth Kaikini and Manasina, offer lyrical quality to the narration.
> S. Vaidi steals the show with his colourful images.
>
> For the convenience, the film is set in the ‘80s when mobile phones
> were not available in Bengaluru, and the art director succeeds in
> providing a near-authentic vintage touch. Attempts to capture every
> minute detail about the life of a visually challenged person — from
> reading Braille to body language and expressing emotions — have been
> done well by the director and the art director.
>

> --
> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU
>
> _______
>

> Disclaimer:

> sent through this mailing list..
>
> Search for old postings from the new domain at:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in
>
> Search for posts from the old domain at:

gatak singh
QA test engineer at VMware India pvt. ltd.

Email:
gataksingh.gurud...@gmail.com
gutta...@vmware.com

WhatsApp: