Of course.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ai [mailto:ai-boun...@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in] On Behalf Of Payal
Kapoor via Ai
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 11:16 AM
To: Share, empower &Enrich
Cc: Payal Kapoor
Subject: Re: [Ai] sharing my latest post for the Sexuality and Disability
blog-disability, friendships and technology!

rajesh, some of the onus lies entirely with us to educate and
familiarize our sighted peers with our lives and ways. after that,
what they choose to do with it or not is their business.
we can then decide how we want to deal with those relationships.

On 7/5/17, Payal Kapoor <paya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi All,
> i am glad this piece has brought out the discussion of friendships
> here. there is so much we do to make ourselves considered as equals
> among our sighted peers; when in reality there is a definite
> difference whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.
> that, in no way means it has to be negative, but, if we fail to
> recognize and accept it, this can be detrimental to our own sense of
> self.
> i never thought i would feel this way until my interactions increased
> due to the virtual world opening up.
> like Shireen said, we want to carve our own spaces in the world of the
> seeing as equals since our abilities are only hampered due to
> disability, not lost forever.
> avinash, it will be great to know the final outcome of your research
> on this topic, since we share symbiotic relationships with our friends
> both sighted and blind.
> Payal
>
> On 7/5/17, Payal Kapoor <paya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> rahul,
>> have in-boxed the article to you.
>> Payal
>>
>> On 7/5/17, Shireen Irani via Ai <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
>> wrote:
>>> very well articulated, and very real for a lot of us i'm sure.
>>>
>>> i personally hadn't realised, or rather, hadn't been able to accept
>>> for a long time, how real and how truly omnipresent my disability is,
>>> in my interactions and coexistence with non-disabled peers. in
>>> particular, the constant pressure to perform on a par, and often
>>> better than those around us, in a world so visual oriented is truly
>>> not very pleasant. we've often spoken
>>> about this, Payal.. how our own efforts of independence turns around
>>> and bites us in the behind, during the few times when we do need a
>>> hand or a pare of seeing eyes. like our independence were etched in
>>> stone, without exception. this piece of yours in particular, and our
>>> many interactions have helped me a great deal, with not penalising
>>> myself for all my inadequacies, and understanding the complexities of
>>> this blind/ non-blind gap.
>>> i'm truly grateful to you for articulating and putting out there, so
>>> many issues that need public addressing. few of us have the courage
>>> and the verbal dexterity to do this, like you do.
>>> keep'em coming!
>>>
>>> Shireen.

>>> Disclaimer:
>>> the

>>> mails
>>> sent through this mailing list..
>>>

>>> To check if the post reached the list or to search for old posting,
>>> reach:
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in/maillist.html

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, SMSs or makes calls
asking for personal information such as your bank account details, passwords,
etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any
manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.