Sir, could you please let me know what is the alternet of jaws cursore, invisible cursore etc in NVDA and how to use it. I tried a lot but could not succeeded. I have downloaded and listen the manual but no success. I prefer NVDA specially for hindi unicode documents with E speak. I also request you to please develop virtual ribben in NVDA as in jfw.

-----Original Message----- From: Dipendra Manocha via Ai
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 4:15 AM
To: 'Share, empower &Enrich'
Cc: Dipendra Manocha
Subject: Re: [Ai] software cracks

Dear all

Sharing my realization of this and the shift I made to correct the course:

NVDA does provide a respectable and fully functional alternative to Jaws. I
can  mention this because I am using it full time for past four years. I use
computer for almost 14 hours every day and did not have to switch to Jaws
for anything. I am not a software developer but use it as a reading and
writing tool like most of us.

I do have Jaws license but use it only for testing few applications as part
of my work for their compatibility with Jaws.

Why did I shift:

We now have developers working on NVDA in India. If we are all using NVDA,
we have scope of getting it improved as per our needs. Indian Language
support and availability of Phonetic words for each character for Indian
languages are few of such examples.

We definitely  need to improve  software for ourselves. By being a user of
NVDA we contribute in its development. Because providing feedback itself is
the method of developing the software further. Providing support in its use
too is a big service that we do when we become a user of a software. By
using Pirated software, we  not just lose our right to contribute in its
development and getting our problem solved, we block scope of further
enhancement in  a legally available alternatives.

If we are able to adopt alternatives for critical needs of ours such as the
screen reading software and OCR, we can do a big service to their further
development.

In past few days we read about availability of free of cost alternative for
OCR. We can certainly try it out and see where it is not working for us.
This can help developers to make such improvements and provide a solution.

This shift  to affordable alternatives and being able to interact with
software developers has helped me to  live with dignity and assist in
working towards solutions for several of our long pending problems of
digital empowerment.

Same thought process and way of living also got translated to books and
working with publishers and the amendment in our copy-right law.

Thanks
Dipendra