wow. what an article!
I really loved this. laughed so much while reading. reminded me of
another article, which was titled celebrity treatment to visually
challenged, which I read on the same list.

On 7/23/17, turab chimthanawala via Ai
<ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in> wrote:
> Hello all
> Hope this mail finds you well.
> Happy to share my articletitled 'Proud to be visually impaired'.To
> avoid any accessibility issues, have pasted it hereunder.
> One of my previous articles: ‘ Change in attitude  towards the
> visually impaired’, despite generating widespread acclaim  among the
> able bodied  around, was criticised by some in the blind community as
> cynical, negative and complaining. They opined that it is not people’s
> malafide intention but their lack of sensitisation  towards a disabled
> person’s  unique needs which often handicaps their fruitful
> interaction with their disabled colleagues. Hence this time around I
> decided to look at the glass as half full: trying to consider my
> disability as my USP based on some great past experiences. However, I
> would like to put forth here that my intelligence, decent appearance,
> constant motivation by my mother, risk taking attitude and a
> significant social status have also played a vital part...and it is
> quite possible that other disabled persons not having the
> aforementioned attributes may have found the going much tougher.
> To start with the greatest advantage of being disabled is that even
> ‘normal’ achievements are considered as ‘special’ ‘path breaking’
> accomplishments... Hence my clearing CS, although strenuous but yet an
> easily achievable task received wide acclaim and appreciation vis a
> vis my sighted friends as it was accomplished despite 90% blindness.
> I have collated many such other experiences and interactions
> hereunder(the list is endless) wherein I have in fact not cursed but
> thanked God for making me disabled!  It is also pertinent to mention
> here that it is not always me who has desired but circumstances and
> the people around have either forced or embraced such concessions upon
> me.
>
> School
> Being admitted to the most prestigious school in town, my unique
> condition allowed me direct access and a personal rapport with the
> Principal, helped selection among the few ‘star students’ to meet the
> Great Kalaam, shake hands with Rahul Dravid and on some occasions have
> the pleasure of choosing my classroom to suit my special needs...
>
> CS
> In CS the fun increased further! From having a seat reserved in the
> first row in the thickly populated and most looked upon class of the
> legendary Late Dr. V K Jain to enjoying a personal rapport with him, I
> have felt like a celebrity on various occasions... I have been very
> lucky to have had a direct connect with all office bearers of Nagpur
> chapter right from the time of enrolling into CS. Thus ensuring active
> participation in student conferences and events especially having the
> singular honour of starting the conference (despite seniors around)
> when the then ICSI President CS Atul Mehta was the Chief Guest. My
> [...]

gatak singh
QA test engineer at VMware India pvt. ltd.

Email:
gataksingh.gurud...@gmail.com
gutta...@vmware.com

WhatsApp: