To a greater extent you may be right but human dynamism cannot be denied.
----- Original Message ----- From: "avinash shahi via Ai" <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
To: "Share, empower &Enrich" <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
Cc: "avinash shahi" <shahi88avin...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Ai] Question about dealing with parents having a regressive view about the capabilities of the disabled

Without offending anyone, I believe that poverty is a great enabler if
one is totally blind. My friends who travel by bus/metro/train  are
more assertive/independent while negotiating challenges than those who
travel by car/airplane. I'd be happy if someone could disapprove this
hypotheses. English-speaking blind individuals may be good at
delivering lectures/talking worldly affairs, but non-English blind
individuals are good at living independently.poor blind individual is
more likely to marry a blind girl; the rich blind individual however
goes for a sighted one. Why, cause a poor blind is more confident
that he/she will be able to take on challenges as blind couple.