please check your screen is displaying properly. also please undim your screen
if you have set to dim in talkback global context. after getting permission you
can dim it again. hope this will work.

From: Rishi Kewalramani via Ai
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:18 AM
To: ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in
Cc: Rishi Kewalramani
Subject: [Ai] Unable to grant permission to apps due to screen overlay issue

Hi Dear friends,

I'm facing a  problem in my android mobile phone.

In my Moto X Gen2 android mobile I'm unable to grant  permission to apps to
function fully and normally.

For example, my whatsapp is not showing the names of my contacts, I'm unable to
type in whatsapp using speech to text voice typing etc. the reason for all this
is that whatsapp has not been granted permission to access my contacts, the
microphone etc.

Similarly, I'm unable to use Uber app because peermission is not been granted
to use my location etc.

So when I get into my settings and then apps, and when I get into whatsapp for
instance, it clearly shows no permission is granted, and then what I tap to
grant all permission to that app, a message pops up saying that screen overlay
detected and that I got to turn off  screen overlay, and then when I get into
the screen overlay settings and turn off all the apps that is drawing over
other apps, despite this I'm unable to grant permission to whatsapp and to
other apps to access   everything that it wants to, for  it to function fully
and normally.

I hope I've been able to explain my problem.

So has anyone faced this issue of screen overlay and not being able to grant
permission to apps to function fully?

How to resolve this  annoying issue?

Looking forward to all your kind and valuable inputs,

Please help me to resolve  this issue,

Sincerely,

Rishi