This would not work on latest accessible Kindle application for windows
downloaded files.

Thanks

Dipendra

From: Ai [mailto:ai-boun...@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in] On Behalf Of
Geetha Shamanna via Ai
Sent: 03 October 2017 23:51
To: 'Share, empower &Enrich' <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
Cc: Geetha Shamanna <geethas2...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ai] Epub Files

Hi,

I recently came across a program called Codex, which I use for converting
Kindle books into more accessible formats. This program can also convert
ePub books. It was developed by a blind programmer and is fully accessible.
Here is what the Website says:

eBooks are a great resource for everyone. Unfortunately, if you're blind or
visually impaired (or even if you're not), accessing them using the software
or devices of your choice can be a challenge. That is the challenge Codex
aims to overcome.

With Codex, you can take the books you've legally purchased from sites like
Amazon, Smashwords, popular eBook stores using Adobe Digital Editions or
Barnes & Noble via NookStudy and convert them to a format of your choice, be
it ePub for reading on the latest devices, plain text to read in good old
Notepad or any of the other supported output formats. This involves
automatic removal of software protection imposed on such files, and a
separate conversion process. However, the two steps can be performed with
one convenient menu command, right from Windows Explorer. Alternatively, if
no conversion is required, you can choose to remove the protection and leave
the original format intact.

Even if your files aren't DRM-protected and can already be read, Codex
serves as an easy, efficient, accessible general purpose eBook converter and
organiser, so why not give it a go!

Download the program from here:

http://jscholes.net/project/codex/

Geetha