Good morning- thank you for continuing to allow me to share some of our special
events at the Montezuma Audubon Center. I think we have a pretty good lineup
coming up this fall!

Thank you,

Alyssa

Space is limited. Registration required.

Call 315-365-3588 or e-mail montez...@audubon.org<mailto:montez...@audubon.org>

Friday, Sept. 13, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Using Camera Traps to Study Wildlife Behavior

We welcome Janet Pesaturo for a unique presentation on camera trapping and
wildlife behavior! Janet is a conservation biologist, certified tracker and
writer who travels around the country tracking and camera trapping everything
from mouse to moose. In 2018, her first book was published: Camera Trapping
Guide: Tracks, Sign and Behavior of Eastern Wildlife. This one-hour talk
followed by book sale and signing ($20 cash only), will introduce trail cameras
- how they work and how to set them up - and then discuss smart camera
placement so that you too can capture photos and videos that reveal the secret
habits of animals. PRE- RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Fee: $5/child, $10/adult,
$20/family. FREE for Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex.

Wednesday, Sept. 18, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Sunset Bird Watching Walk

The peak of the bird migration is upon us. Join us for a casual, 1-mile stroll
through our forests, grasslands and wetlands to see dozens of waterfowl,
shorebird, raptor and songbird species as they prepare for nightfall.
Binoculars and field guides will be provided. PRE-PAID RESERVATIONS REQUIRED.
Fee: $5/child, $7/adult, $20/family, FREE for Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands
Complex.

Saturday, Sept. 21, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Native Americans of the Finger Lakes

Archeological enthusiast Christopher M. Cramer will present an overview of the
ancient Native American civilization of the Finger Lakes Region, focusing on
the stone artifacts left behind. Regionally collected examples of stone tools
will be on display, some dating back 10,000 years and more. Attendees will
participate in a hands-on activity identifying the various types of artifacts,
as well as distinguishing authentic artifacts and modern reproductions. A pair
of reading glasses and a headlamp or flashlight are recommended. Fee: $5/child,
$10/adult, $20/family. FREE for Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex.
PRE-PAID RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.

Saturday, Oct. 19, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Happy Owl-ween
We are happy to welcome back Jean Soprano, of Kindred Kingdoms Wildlife
Rehabilitation, who will have live owls on display during her presentation
about the silent hunters of the night. Then, join our staff for a hike through
the forest and grassland to explore the night sights and sounds. Fee: $5/child,
$10/adult, $25/family.

Saturday, Oct. 26, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Nature of Montezuma Lecture Series:
Glacial Geology of the Finger Lakes
Join Dr. Bruce Gilman, retired Professor of Environmental Conservation and
Finger Lakes Community College, as he walks us through glacial history of the
Finger Lakes region. Learn about how glacial ice is formed, how the landscape
features (like the Finger Lakes!) were formed, and about the megafauna animals
that used to call NY home about 10,000 years ago. Fee: $5/child, $8/adult,
$25/family *Free for Friends of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex.

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator

Montezuma Audubon Center