On 06.05.14 04:26, Vaughn Vernon wrote:
When I override preStart in any way other than invoking super.preStart() my actor is unable to receive any kind of message. It seems to be stashing messages, but never delivering them. The only way I can work around this is by leaving preStart as defaulted, and using the mode variables recoveryRunning or receoveryFinished. (Or I can send Recover myself.)

I found this: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/akka-user/EBV0pLttClk/oP_wixqFSw8J

By this this it seems to me that the documentation probably requires clarification. In the docs I get the impression that you never need to recover an actor, but from the above link it appears that a Processor must always receive a Recover message from something. Further, it seems that the only way to avoid recovering a given actor is to ignore all messages until receoveryFinished is true.

You could also send a Recover message with either toSequenceNr=0L or replayMax=0L. This will enable the processor to process new messages without replaying any messages.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Akka User List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to akka-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:akka-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to akka-user@googlegroups.com <mailto:akka-user@googlegroups.com>.

Martin Krasser

blog:    http://krasserm.blogspot.com
code:    http://github.com/krasserm
twitter: http://twitter.com/mrt1nz