Hello Syed,
yes / no.

yes - it's possible to spin up a View for the same processorId on a
different node in the cluster. It can be used as a read-model.
no - it can not change into becoming a processor if the "main processor"
goes down. A view is a view.

The View's use-case is to be able to have a read-model. That is, the
processor instance does all the "processing and storing" - so it does more
work,
and the View only replays the events and creates some view on the data. You
can easily imagine an "NumbersProcessor" which creates events like
"Number(...)",
and an "AverageNumberView" which gets all the Number events, but it's state
is completely different from the processor - it only exposes the average
(the processor does more things with them for example).

I hope this helps!

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Syed Ahmed <sbua2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Im new to Akka and was interested in trying out the Akka Persistence.  I
> ready about Akka View.  Looks like their usage intention is to create a
> replica of the Processor data? . Please correct me.  From that perspective
> can we use them for High Availability as a Primary/StandBy system. To
> elaborate, I will use one Processor to capture the messages on one node
> (say node 1)  & View of that processor as a Standby on another node (say
> node2) ( I hope its possible?). If its possible - can the view become the
> new Primary processor (on Node2) and process messages  when the current
> Processor goes down on the system (Node1).
>
> If the above is not possible with Akka View then Im missing the use case
> of Akka View -- Please explain.
>
> Thx,
> -Syed
>

>  --