Yes, perhaps I should explain our current workflow with these branches
actually:

master will eventually become akka 2.4.x

release-2.3 will eventually become akka 2.3.4 (and 2.3.5 if it’s needed
etc).

release-2.3-dev is used only for streams development. It is separate to
keep iterating / releasing streams faster than the main akka 2.3.
 It will be merged to release-2.3 once we decide they’re ready to roll-in.

Needed changes from 2.3 will be ported to 2.4 (master), of course at some
point.

I hope this helps!
​
Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski