Hi Ashley

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Ashley Aitken <amait...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>

> On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 03:19:08 UTC+8, Patrik Nordwall wrote:
>>

>> The order could, in our case, as well be claim-earnings-2 events followed
>> by claim-earnings-1 events.
>>

>> Ok, then it can be implemented on top of existing processor building
>> block.
>>

> Can you please give me a quick idea of how this could be implemented
> effectively now (i.e. a View with a know set of Processors to follow)?

A View corresponds to one processorId but you can have for example an
aggregate actor that has two Views as children, receiving updates from both
(and supervising them) and doing aggregation. Of course you should be able
to collate messages coming from the two view to avoid inconsistencies.

-Endre

> I am thinking of a how to create a denormalised view for say a Department
> that contains Staff.  If the DepartmentView follows the DepartmentESP then
> it has a list of updated Staff processor ids.
>
> Are you suggesting that the DepartmentView will message each Staff
> member's ESP or View to get their state? Will it do this every n seconds as
> the DepartmentView is updated. Or something else?
>
> Sorry to keep on going about this - I know Akka Streams may be the answer
> for this in the near future but I'm just keen to know what the alternative
> approaches are (e.g. using an event bus, publish-subscribe).
>
> Thanks,
> Ashley.

Akka Team
Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale
Blog: letitcrash.com
Twitter: @akkateam