Hi.

First of all thanks for your time on this.

I'm using Akka version 2.3.4 (Java).

I've stopped an actor

        getContext().stop(getSelf());

and when I look at the rebalance() method in my AllocationStrategy I still
see the entry in the sharding region corresponding to the stopped actor.
I'm using a consistent hash scheme so the actor has a one to one
correspondence to a particular sharding entry.

I expected that after the stop() method the cluster should remove the entry
from the list. Is this the expected behaviour?

The problem is that if we created a lot of actors (corresponding to a
particular sharding value) we got many useless (?) entries in the maps
processed by the allocation strategy. I'm writing a start/stop routing for
the cluster so I'd like to use the info in the sharding strategy to produce
a list with only the active objects in the cluster.

The alternative is that I manage a list of active entries by myself, of
course, using a kind of pub/sub actor.

Many thanks again for your help.

Edu.