Hi everyone,
thanks for your feedback and ideas.

So the stream / view on multiple persistentIds (or “tags” - would solve Greg’s
example case) is coming, we just have not yet have had the time to work on it.
One thing that ties in into them is reactive streams. We would like to expose
these event streams as akka streams.
Esp. since they provide they provide things like merge / filter / tee which I
believe would help a lot in these kinds of event streams :-)

>From the streams point of view abstracting if it’s polling or DB-side
>initiated events the APIs won’t have to change.
I do agree / like Martin’s suggestion that in “normal dbs” (no events when
someone does an insert) we should be able to implement this with some
housekeeping done by the plugins.

One question about EventStore, in the case of reading from multiple replication
groups is the ordering based simply on write-timestramp not-descending order?
The timestamp is obviously skewed a bit (multiple servers/clocks do writes) but
in the apps you work with would this be ok as source of ordering in case of the
“all events” stream?

PS: Most of the team is on holiday this week, it’s reasonable to expect they’ll
chime in some time next week.
--

Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski
hAkker @ typesafe