Konrad, I don't see how simply linking to sbt-native-packager helps with
the original question.

As I mentioned, sbt-native-packager has nothing akka specific about it,
whereas akka-sbt-plugin was akka-aware and *did* akka-specific things.

What the documentation needs is an example built.sbt or instructions on how
to achieve at least the same capability as akka-sbt-plugin but using
sbt-native-packager.