Hi Yuri,
that’s correct. You can think of Akka HTTP as the “next Spray”.
Once it’s stable and performance tuned we’ll recommend teams to migrate over
from spray to Akka HTTP (and the migration shouldn’t be too painful).
It will also contain features which were missing in Spray - such as websockets
etc :-)

Please look forward to it!

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Typesafe