Dear Hakkers,

we—the Akka committers—are happy to announce the second Release Candidate
for Akka Streams & HTTP. This release updates Akka Streams to use the *1.0.0
final* version of the Reactive Streams interfaces in order to allow
inter-op with various other implementations. An announcement explaining the
importance of the final Reactive Streams release will follow shortly.

In addition the following changes were done:

   -

   switch mapAsync and mapAsyncUnordered to use curried argument lists (
   #17327 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/17327>)
   -

   Source.actorRef now emits buffered elements before completing (#17323
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/17323>)
   -

   akka-parsing-experimental does not depend on quasiquotes and
   scala-reflect anymore (#17334 <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/17334>
   )
   -

   fixed a race condition when upgrading to websocket (#17322
   <https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/17322>)

The complete list of closed tickets can be found in the streams-1.0-RC2
<https://github.com/akka/akka/issues?q=milestone%3Astreams-1.0-RC2+is%3Aclosed>
and http-1.0-RC2
<https://github.com/akka/akka/issues?q=milestone%3Ahttp-1.0-RC2+is%3Aclosed>
github issues milestones.

We’d like to thank all of you for testing and for providing feedback on our
progress, please keep it coming!

Happy hakking!

--
Konrad `ktoso` Malawski