Hi Michael,
We have discussed such proposal in the past and decided that it does not carry
it’s own complexity weight.

We would have to special case some letters as markers, or introduce something
else to mark what the “placeholder part” is,
we also really do want to encourage developers to think about actor names -
they are one of the most important things one has
when debugging when something goes wrong (‘which actor?’ to which actor?’ ‘from
which actor’?).
Scala already has very nice built in string interpolation, so such a thing is
as easy as writing s”something-$genId”

For a more in-depth discussion on this idea please read the old issue:
https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/16613
Hope this explains the reasoning behind not providing such facility.

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Typesafe