It would only require a quick & dirty hack, but I'm still in the process of
learning/developing a new project using Akka/Java 8 on a new job so time is
not much on my side *-you know, the first 6 months of every new job-*

There is no need to change the dispatcher but the Scala configurator should
provide one of your lovely queues which I know are extremely optimized
compared to ArrayBlockingQueue, LinkedBlocking and ConcurrentLinkedQueue
Java counter parts, right?