Hi Austin,

On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 11:22:44 AM UTC+2, Austin Guest wrote:

> (1) The test for the "hello" route fails because the actual response is an
> internal server error. (Despite the fact that this isn't true running the
> live code!) And I get the following error messages:

That's probably because you are relying on a `val` that is defined inside
an `App` class which extends from `DelayedInit` which has surprising
semantics. Try making `route` a `def`.

> (2) I get a compile error for the backtick notation used in
> `application/json`. Not too surprising as that's a bit black-magic-looking.
> I'm okay with using another way to specify this is a JSON request, I just
> can't find any in the docs.

It's hard to say because you are not providing any details about the error
or the types of object you try to pass in otherwise. Have you imported
`application/json` from somewhere? Try
`akka.http.scaladsl.model.MediaTypes.`application/json``.

HTH
Johannes