Ah yes :-)
Agreed and that's because of what I hinted at "things can be improved, will
follow up" in the first email :-)

Effectively the response you want is indeed produced by Akka, however only when
content negotiation is left up to Akka,
whereas you basically did it manually (i.e. if doesnt match you manually reject
– which results in "nothing matched... 404!").

I'll write up an example of properly doing that eventually, soon I hope, as I
think it needs a proper docs page.
Thanks for your patience, will ping here :)

Konrad 'ktoso’ Malawski
Akka @ Lightbend