Also, please don't do that:
       cluster.leave(cluster.selfAddress());
        system.terminate();
It is wrong.

You need to give the cluster gossip enough time to complete the leaving
"nicely".

Proper graceful shutdown means you need to wait for _your own_ address to
come back as MemberRemoved event,
and THEN you can shut down the actor system and JVM.

Related:
this mistake is exactly something I warn against in my recent talk "Zen of
Akka", you may enjoy it :-)
https://youtu.be/tC-joPMPJLs

Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski
Akka <http://akka.io/> @ Lightbend <http://lightbend.com/>